SliTaz GNU/Linux is a free operating system working completely in memory from removeable media such as a cdrom or USB key. It is light, speedy and fully installable on a hard drive.
SliTaz GNU/Linux is a mini distribution and live CD designed to run speedily on hardware with 128 MB of RAM. SliTaz uses BusyBox, a recent Linux kernel and GNU software. It boots with Syslinux and provides more than 200 Linux commands, the lighttpd web server, SQLite database, rescue tools, IRC client, SSH client and server powered by Dropbear, X window system, JWM (Joe's Window Manager), gFTP, Geany IDE, Mozilla Firefox, AlsaPlayer, GParted, a sound file editor and more. The SliTaz ISO image fits on a less than 30 MB media and takes just 80 MB of hard disk space.
SliTaz is distributed in the form of a LiveCD that you can easily burn to a cdrom and boot from. When the system is running you can eject the LiveCD and use your CD drive for other tasks.
The Live system provides a fully-featured, working graphical distro and lets you keep your data and personal settings on persistent media. The system can be extended with the Tazpkg package manager and security updates are provided for the cooking and stable versions.
- Root filesystem taking about 80 MB and ISO image less than 30 MB.
- Ready to use Web server powered by LightTPD with CGI and PHP support.
- Browse the Web with Mozilla Firefox or Retawq in text mode.
- Sound support provided by Alsa mixer, audio player and CD ripper/encoder.
- Chat, mail and FTP clients.
- SSH client and server powered by Dropbear.
- Database engine with SQLite.
- Generate a LiveUSB device.
- Tools to create, edit or burn CD or DVD images.
- Elegant desktop with JWM running on the top of Xvesa (X server).
- Home made graphical boxes to command line utilities.
- More than 440 packages easily installable from the mirror.
- Active and friendly community.
Btw, you can get SliTaz GNU/Linux by visiting here.