Untangle is the free & open source alternative to Sonicwall. In addition to the basics (Firewall, VPN, IPS & routing), Untangle makes it easier to block spam, spyware, viruses, phishing, porn, gambling, MySpace, Facebook, IM, peer-2-peer & much, much more.
- Runs at the gateway... No clients to install!
- Easy to use: Intuitive GUI, logging, reporting & automatic signature updates
- Installs on standard Intel/AMD hardware
- Comprehensive Security Protect the network from spyware, spam, viruses, hackers and identity thieves. Untangle is network security, web security, mail security & secure remote access integrated into one platform. And as an open source platform, new applications can be added at anytime, so Untangle has you covered when the next new networking technology is developed.
- Increased Productivity Block time-wasting websites & applications like MySpace, instant messenger, online games & gambling. Untangle even blocks the most difficult port-hopping applications dead in their tracks.
- Increased Visibility Great reporting provides the visibility and data necessary to monitor behavior and track incidents at the network, user, and client levels.
- Easier to Use Each application comes pre-configured for business use and Untangle’s intuitive “virtual rack” GUI makes additional fine-tuning a snap.
- The Untangle Server requires a dedicated PC installed at the gateway to your network.
- Your hardware does not need an operating system - the Untangle Server installs its own operating system.
- The Untangle Server software completely erases any content or data that may exist on your PC hard drive.