The Slax development team has announced the latest version of Slax 6.0.3 yesterday. Among all the updates described in the changelog, it features a bugfix for SquashfsLZMA kernel driver. They said 6.0.3 won’t include the fix, but it has been decided to wait a bit and include it.
What’s new in this release?
- Added kernel 22.214.171.124 with kernel headers, stripped sources and modules all using the same version, to prevent any possible mismatch
- Silenced several bootup messages
- Added wpa_suplicant package
- Updated to Slackware-current, which adds a lot of FIRMWAREs
- Fixed a bug in sqlzma, which may cause (in rare conditions) data read errors
- The sgnfile= boot parameter was not working, so it’s fixed now.
- Make_iso.sh now works even if called from a different directory
- The ‘copy to ram’ boot menu option doesn’t have any changes= default anymore
- Fixed loading of modules from subdirectories while using copy2ram
- The ‘nocd’ boot parameter has different meaning now. It will cause CDROMs to be skipped, but still visible later on
You can download this release of Slax at Here.