DARKSTAR Linux 2008.1 is an linux operating system desktop oriented and based on Slackware Linux, easy to install, configure and use, wich targets the beginners in Linux. It has a lot of easy to use GUI tools, a lot of applications of office, multimedia and games. The operating system is designed to work out of the box.
DARKSTAR Linux 2008.1 is published in DVD ISO format. You can run that DVD as a Live-System, no need to install, or install it on your hard drive.
First of all, the graphical configuration tools that our team designed, Advanced Linux Installation and Configuration Environment (ALICE), as high quality tools for your use.
Main features are:
- Yet another Linux Installer (YaLI), the graphical installer that makes DARKSTAR Linux installable in just a few quick steps.
- Disk Manager, the graphical partitioner
- X.org Setup, the graphical tool for x.org configuration.
- Network Configurator, the graphical network configuration, can be used to setup PPPoE also.
- Package Manager, the graphical package manager.
- Time Configurator, the graphical tool for timezone configuration.
- Services Configurator, the graphical startup services configurator.