The Developer Team of Frugalware has released First Release Candidate of Frugalware 0.8.
Frugalware Linux is an independently developed general purpose desktop Linux distribution designed for intermediate users. It follows simple Slackware-like design concepts and includes the "pacman" package management utility from Arch Linux.
Whats changed since previous version:
- Improved Splash: it now presents till the very end of the shutdown process.
- Fixed the "packages one by one" select method in the installer.
- The LiveCD now supports copy the disc to RAM if enough memory is available to free up your CD/DVD drive.
- Package updates: Kernel 220.127.116.11 + security fixes, Xorg 7.3 + security fixes, GNOME 2.20.3 and More than 300 other package updates
- New packages: etckeeper - keeps your /etc under version control, linuxwacom - support for the Wacom tablets, New Xorg drivers and More than 20 other new package
Download the ISO of this first RC of Frugal at here or here if you prefer to use Torrent.