MenuetOS is an Operating System in development for the PC written entirely in 32/64 bit assembly language, and released under the License. It supports 32/64 bit x86 assembly programming for smaller, faster and less resource hungry applications. It has released version 0.69 for 64 bit and 0.85 for 32 bit.
Menuet has no roots within UNIX or the POSIX standards, nor is it based on any particular operating system. The design goal has been to remove the extra layers between different parts of an OS, which normally complicate programming and create bugs.
Menuet's application structure is not specifically reserved for asm programming since the header can be produced with practically any other language. However, the overall application programming design is intended for easy 32/64 bit asm programming. Menuet's responsive GUI is easy to handle with assembly language.
- Pre-emptive multitasking, multithreading, ring-3 protection
- Responsive GUI with resolutions up to 1280x1024, 16 million colours
- IDE: Editor/Macro Assembler for applications
- TCP/IP stack with Loopback & Ethernet drivers
- Email/ftp/http/chess clients and ftp/mp3/http servers
- Free-form application windows, drag'n drop
- Hard real-time data fetch
- Fits on a single floppy