Whaaw! Media Player is an audio/video player using gstreamer (like totem but without GNOME dependencies).
Whaaw! Media Player will play any audio/video files which gstreamer can play. It supports fullscreen mode, seeking, changing video colour settings and more. It is inteded to be a basic media player similar to totem.
- GTK+ version 2.8.x
- Python >= 2.5
- gstreamer-python >= 0.10
What's New in This Release:
- Add a queue window, files can be dropped on the queue, and multiple files can be passed from the command line
- Tags of files can now be read and displayed, this requires mutagen (optional)
- Now uses xdg.BaseDirectory for configuration, so pyxdg is now a dependency
- make.py rewrite, now uses distutils, now all that's needed to install is './make.py install'
- Fix a hang on disabling screensaver
- Allow disable screensaver command to be changed via config file
- Fix with useful error on no pygtk or x server
- Add next button to skip through the queue (can be disabled in config file), can also be invoked by pressing 'n'
- Optional restart button (enabled in config file) to restart the current file, can also be invoked by pressing 'p' or 'r'