Fabio Erculiani, the Sabayon's founder has announced the release of Sabayon Linux 1.1 Proffesional Edition today. He said that this new version is 3 times faster now. Here's the full his post:
"We are happy to announce Sabayon Linux 1.1 Professional Edition. Distribution updates: Live boot is now 3 times faster thanks to our improved OpenGL configuration tool; updated KDE to 3.5.7, WINE to 0.9.47; added Nopaste; kernel 188.8.131.52 with the addition of rt2x00 tree patches for more wireless drivers support and latest ACPI patches for support on Fujitsu laptops; changed Sabayon artwork to match latest art changes in sabayon style; updated KNetworkManager; Added Git, Cogito and Screen; NVIDIA video drivers updated to 100.14.19, ATI video drivers to 8.40.4; added Innotek VirtualBox OSE; updated OpenOffice to 2.2.1; many more packages updated."
"Sabayon is an Italian dessert made with egg yolks, sugar, a sweet liquor (usually Marsala wine), and sometimes cream or whole eggs. It is a very light custard, which has been whipped to incorporate a large amount of air." Source: Wikipedia.
- Live boot is now 3 times faster thanks to our improved OpenGL configuration tool
- Updated KDE to 3.5.7
- Updated wine to 0.9.47
- Added Nopaste
- Kernel 184.108.40.206 with the addition of rt2x00 tree patches for more wireless drivers support and latest acpi patches for support on fujitsu laptop
- Changed sabayon-artwork to match latest art changes on sabayon style
- Updated Knetworkmanager
- Added git and cogito
- Fixed agp gart issue on x86 for some chipset
- Fixed audio problem on x86
- Added screen
- Made some cleanings for orphan files
- Nvidia video drivers updated to 100.14.19
- Added Innotek Virtualbox OSE
- UpdatedOpenoffice 2.2.1
- ATi video drivers updated to 8.40.4
- Many more packages updated
Difference with Professional Edition is, it's built on the stable branch of portage x86 vs. ~x86. It's also geared towards the business area for applications.
You can get Sabayon at here.