LinuxICE is a distribution of Linux developed specifically for car computer use. It is based on the popular distribution Ubuntu, but it has been slimmed down and optimized for performance in the mobile environment, and includes many features that other Linux flavors lack when it comes to in-car integration.
For who new in car computing, its better you visit this site for find out.
LinuxICE has just released the Final Alpha4 Version, with nGhost Media Center; a car PC/touchscreen centric media center for the Linux operating system. nGhost aims to become the most advanced Car PC front end by including the most advanced technologies. here are some features that come on this release:
- New MatchBox Desktop
- LinuxICE TrueICE theme
- Reduced footprint (iso size is only 276MB!)
- Latest evtouch touchscreen driver: 0.8.7
- New programs: ICETouch, ICEInstall
- ICETouch (the touchscreen Calibrator) now supports liliputs, Samsung Q1, Xenarcs and more!
- nGhost 1.0Alpha (from unstable).
- New LinuxICE software repository so you can get the latest carPC software via ICE-Update.
You can try LinuxICE by download at here, and for torrent at here.